Lounges & Bars
Neptune Lounge: exclusively for guests traveling in category PS - Penthouse Verandah Suites, SA or SB - Deluxe Verandah Suites
Explorations Café powered by The New York Times
Java Bar & Cafe
- Located on Promenade Deck
- Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Roulette, and Slot Machines
- Complimentary gaming lessons at beginning of each cruise
- Tournaments: Mega Slot Tournament with complimentary champagne after 11 PM
- Currencies Accepted: Cash, Credit Card, Traveler's Check, and Shipboard Account
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon
- A wide variety of body treatments from traditional to exotic
- Beauty Salon
- Additional charge for spa and salon services
- Fitness Center: Features state-of-the-art equipment including weight training and cardio machines
- Exercise classes: various classes including aerobics, circuit training, stretch, cycling, yoga, and Pilates (Additional fee)
- Jogging Track on Sports Deck
- Personal Trainers (Additional fee)
- Sports Court
- Croquet Court
- Putting Green
- Lido Pool and whirlpool
- Sea View Pool and whirlpools
- Shopping Arcade - Duty Free Shopping including: French perfumes, Swiss watches, fine liqueurs, and designer goods
- Photo Gallery
- Art Gallery
- The Showroom at Sea
- Dancing with the Stars: At Sea
- Movies in the Wajang Theater
Parties and Theme Nights
- Parties and theme nights vary depending on ship or itinerary
Music & Dance
- Live Music
- Dance Classes
Contests & Tournaments
- Pool activity contests
- Explorations Café - Internet café and library
- Art Auctions
- Meeting Rooms
- Observation Deck
- Culinary Arts Center
- Digital Workshop Powered by Windows
- Guest Lecturers on specific cruises
- Health and Wellness programs
- Wine Tastings
- Enrichment programs may vary depending on ship and itinerary
Club HAL® Kids (ages 3-7)
Children, ages 3-7, can participate in such activities as pirate treasure hunts, pizza making, storytelling, and "Little Artists" crafts. Children in the Kid's age group must be toilet trained. Children in pull-ups or diapers are not allowed, due to mandates from US Public Health. Exceptions to this rule cannot be made.
Club HAL® Tweens (ages 8-12)
Tweens, ages 8-12 can participate in video game tournaments, relay races, culinary workshops, karaoke dance parties and more.
Teens (ages 13-17)
Teens, ages 13-17 can participate in late-night sporting competitions, yoga and dance classes, cooking demos and more.
Culinary Arts Center
Hands-on cooking classes for kids and teens offering basic cooking techniques, kitchen safety and recipe instruction. Workshops are offered for two age groups: ages 3-7, and ages 8-15. Parents must register their children on board at the Front Office.
Club HAL recognizes that some children may have special needs. Club HAL has many staff trained to work with special needs children, and special needs children are invited to attend activities based on their chronological age. Guests should make Holland America Line aware of this when booking their reservation.
Additional Family Services
Holland America Line is dedicated to making your family's cruise vacation memorable and happy for each member of your family. They serve a wide variety of kid-pleasing food, including a different appetizers, salads and soups, and standard items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and chicken, plus chef's specials like beef tacos, grilled cheese, fish and chips and spaghetti. Baby food and a limited number of high chairs, booster seats and cribs are available on board. These items must be requested in advance of boarding. Special kid-friendly birthday parties can also be arranged with advance notice.
A limited number of high chairs, booster seats and cribs are available at no charge. These must be reserved in advance at the time of booking. An international children's menu is offered at dinner and includes a variety of appetizers, salads and soups, and standard items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and chicken, plus chef's specials like beef tacos, grilled cheese, fish and chips or spaghetti.
Limited babysitting services are available through the Front Office for a small surcharge for children 5 years of age and under. This service is provided by staff on a volunteer basis, and may not always be available. Babysitting services are not offered while the ship is in port.