Lounges & Bars
Bar at the Retreat
Neptune Lounge: exclusively for guests traveling in Penthouse Verandah Suites and Deluxe Verandah Suites
Mix (3 special venues)
Spirits & Ales
- Located on Upper Promenade Deck
- Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Roulette, and Slot Machines
- Complimentary gaming lessons at beginning of each cruise
- Tournaments: Mega Slot Tournament with complimentary champagne after 11 PM
- Currencies Accepted: Cash, Credit Card, Traveler's Check, and Shipboard Account
- The Greenhouse Spa & Salon
- Offering the latest exotic skin, body, hair, and nail treatments
- Thalassotherapy pool
- Private treatment and couple's massage rooms
- Heated ceramic lounge reminiscent of an opulent Turkish bath
- Knowledgeable, professional therapists trained to guide you thru a relaxing spa experience
- Beauty Salon
- Additional charges apply for Spa treatments and salon services
- Fitness Center
- State of the art fitness equipment including weight training and cardio equipment
- Teak deck for walking or jogging
- Personal Trainers
- Exercise Classes: Pathway to Yoga, Mat Pilates, Cardio Ki-Bo circuit training, aquarobics, and Pilates reformer
- Basketball Court
- Practice Tennis Court
- Lido Pool
- Lido Whirlpool
- Lido Wading Pool
- The Retreat - resort-style pool experience offering sophisticated poolside amenities and services
- Art Gallery
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Duty Free Shopping: French perfumes, Swiss watches, fine liqueurs, and designer goods
- Boutique: Upper promenade deck
- Showroom at Sea
- Las Vegas Style Productions
Parties and Theme Nights
- Cruise specific theme nights or parties based on destination of ship or itinerary
Contests & Tournaments
- Pool activity contests
- Wajang Theatre & Culinary Arts Center
- Exploration Café: Internet Café & Library
- Youth Program
- Outdoor movies
- Cooking Classes
- Wine Tasting
- Explorations Cafe
- Guest Lecturers on specific cruises
- Health and Wellness program
- Digital Workshop - digital photography, videos, blogging, social networking and scrapbooking
Club HAL® Kids (ages 3-7)
Children, ages 3-7, can participate in such activities as story telling, fabric painting, indoor games, arts and crafts, drawing contests, ice-cream sundae parties, puzzles, bingo, pirate treasure hunts or a farewell pizza party. Children in the Kid's age group must be toilet trained. Children in pull-ups or diapers are not allowed in the youth facilities, due to mandates from US Public Health. Exceptions to this rule cannot be made.
Club HAL® Tweens (ages 8-12)
Tweens, ages 8-12 might learn golf putting, have disco parties and theme parties, participate in the award-winning National Park Service Jr. Ranger Program on Alaska cruises, compete in on-deck sports events, compete in scavenger hunts or simply play Ping-Pong with a friend.
The Loft and The Oasis (ages 13-17)
Teens, ages 13-17 will especially enjoy the teen disco, karaoke sessions, video games, teen sports tournaments, card games, trivia contests, bingo, movies and videos. When there are more than 100 children on board, a HAL Talent Show is offered. (The Oasis is not available on all Vista-class ships)
HAL Kids Culinary Workshops now offer children a unique and fun learning experience. Kids will learn basic cooking techniques, kitchen safety, new ingredients and how to follow recipe instructions. Aside from the fun involved, cooking encourages kids to think about numbers and measuring, cleanliness, safety and time management. All the workshops are hands-on where questions are encouraged and having fun is a must. HAL Kids Culinary Workshops are geared toward two age groups; ages three to seven and ages eight and up. Teenagers 15 and up may participate in the adult classes.
- The menus range from simple to teen gourmet
- Classes are usually limited to fifteen students unless otherwise noted
- All classes are hands-on
- Each student receives copies of the recipes prepared in class
- All classes are complimentary and last approximately one hour
Holland America Line is dedicated to making your family's cruise vacation memorable and happy for each member of your family. We serve a wide variety of kid-pleasing food, including special sandwiches, tacos, hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. Baby food, high chairs and booster seats may be requested in advance of boarding. On sea days, babysitting services are available through the Front Office for a small surcharge for children 3 years of age or older. This service is provided by staff on a volunteer basis, and may not always be available. Babysitting service is not offered while the ship is in port, although Club Hal does offer activities for children aged 3-12 between 8:00am and 4:00pm on port days. Special kid-friendly birthday parties can also be arranged with advance notice.
Club HAL's port day activities as well as After Hours is available for children ages 3-12 who meet Club HAL’s eligibility requirements. (Children must be pre-registered for the program in the way of a completed parental consent form, they must be potty trained, out of pull ups and 100% independent in the restroom as the youth staff are not permitted to assist.) Club HAL® After Hours is available on all ships (except the ms Prinsendam) from 10:00pm - 12:00am for children 3 years of age or older. The fee is US$5.00 per child, per hour. Parents must pick up their children on time or a late fee is charged. For babysitting outside of the hours offered in Club HAL, guests may check at the Front Office to schedule this service provided by staff on a voluntary/limited basis only.
Port Day Activities
Activities will be offered when in port from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. A lunch service is available for those attending port day activities between the hours of 11:00am - 1:00pm.
After Hours 10:00PM-12:00AM
After Hours group kid sitting is offered every evening from 10:00 pm to 12:00 am. Children must be 3 years of age and potty trained. Charge is $5.00 hour per child. Late charges apply to children who are picked up after 12:00 am. Limited private babysitting is available for all ages through the front office. Youth staff are not able to provide this service.
HAL Youth Programs recognize that some children may have special needs. Special needs children are invited to attend activities based on their chronological age. HAL Youth Programs have many staff trained to work with special needs children. Guests should make HAL aware of this when booking their reservation.
A limited number of high chairs, booster seats and cribs are available at no charge. These must be reserved in advance at the time of booking. An international children's menu is offered at dinner and includes a variety of appetizers, salads and soups, and standard items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and chicken, plus chef's specials like beef tacos, grilled cheese, fish and chips or spaghetti.